Street Fighter: The Storytelling Game is currently out of print, but you can still find it for sale at the links below, or check the torrents.
As you can imagine from the Street Fighter brand, it is very pulp and action oriented, with a fun and fast-paced combat system which I think one-ups the combat systems of many more respected RPGs. Most of the calculations are done beforehand and written on cards that represent your moves, so you are rarely stuck sitting there trying to calculate something in the middle of a fight and killing the fun.
It skews slightly toward the lighthearted, with knock-outs being the standard and death only being for drama at the Storytellers discretion. It’s not as lighthearted as the illustrations would have you believe however, and there is absolutely nothing preventing you from using the great system of rules and running an edgier, grittier game.
Street Fighter: The Storytelling Game (1994)
Now there’s a new way to play Street Fighter!
Join the action as the World Warriors pit their mystic martial arts abilities against the evil crime empire of Shadoloo. Take on the role of Ryu, Guile, Blanka, Cammy or one of the other World Warriors as you battle the legions of Shadoloo and the supreme crime boss himself, M. Bison. Or create your ownStreet Fighter, choose your own special powers, and carve your own legend among the ranks of the Street Fighters.
This book details the world of Street Fighter as you’ve never before seen it. Explore a high-action world of adventure and danger in and out of the martial arts arenas. Visit exotic locations around the world and fight each country’s champions, as your own Street Fighter strives to attain the rank of World Warrior.
This book includes:
- Over 100 special combat powers and martial arts techniques – some never before seen in the arcade game.
- Complete stats and expanded background information for the World Warriors such as Blanka, Guile, Ken and the new challengers like Cammy and Dee Jay.
- Fast-paced combat rules allow you to hold Street Fighter tournaments and brawls with a dozen or more Street Fighters battling it out at the same time.
Secrets of Shadowloo (1994)
Emperor of Evil
From his island nation of Mriganka, Bison spreads his evil psychic influence across the world. This malevolent monarch commands his villainous armies in their war to corrupt the world.
World leaders are powerless. Global authorities are paralyzed by international treaties…
A Desperate Call for Heroes
The world is in desperate need of heroes willing to put their lives on the line and their abilities to the test to take down Shadoloo.
This book gives you everything you need to know about Shadoloo and its role in your Street Fighter chronicles, including:
- Descriptions of Sagat, Vega and M. Bison
- Three new martial arts styles with new Special MAneuvers
- Details of Shadoloo’s global operations, including M. Bison’s island fortress of Mriganka
- “Tourist Trap”, a ready-to-run adventure-can the characters survive a run-in with Shadoloo’s Spanish assassins?
Street Fighter Storyteller’s Screen (1994)
The Street Fighters step into the warehouse as the Genin Ninja descend upon them. The characters turn to fight… What page was that chart on again?
Now you can have all the charts at your fingertips, with Street Fighter Storytelling Screen. You can instantly check on everything from Special Maneuvers to Action Difficulties to Falling Damage and much more. The Street Fighter Storytelling Screen is a must for any SF Storyteller.
The Street Fighter Screen also Features:
- Charts on everything you need to run your adventure, including a new chart that lists every Special Maneuver in the Street Fighter rulebook and the Secrets of Shadoloo sourcebook.
- A complete adventure that takes the Street Fighters from the streets of L.A. to the mansions of Beverly Hills, featuring three up-and-coming Fighters who are the ones to beat in The City of Angels.
- Several new Special Maneuvers, many of which are used by the World Warriors, but more that have never been seen before!
Street Fighter Player’s Guide (1994)
So, you think you’re tough?
Running the circuit has never been this difficult. See the side of street fighting that few talk about: the undiscovered wilds, the horrid results of men fused with technology and the keys to unlocking dark sorcerous power. Be prepared the next time you step into the ring – There’s no telling what you’ll face!
Less than human, more than equal
The Street Fighter Players Guide will explore new facets of street fighting. Discover the truth about Blanka’s nature, learn how to create cybernetically enhanced warriors, train in new styles and explore new backgrounds. Plus the book also has new information on tournaments, arenas, managers and sensais. The Street Fighter Players Guide will take your characters to the limit… and beyond.
The Street Fighter Players Guide will feature:
- New Special maneuvers, many never seen before.
- Detailed source material on Animal Hybrids, Cybernetics, plus two new styles.
- New Street Fighter teams which you can play yourself or fight in the ring.
White Wolf Inphobia #50 (1994)
Alpha Team: Shadow Fist
The following is a dossier on the Alpha Team called Shadow Fist. Like most Alpha Teams, Shadow Fist has only three members. However, each member is almost a match for a World Warrior. Together, the members of Shadow Fist can handle nearly any problem.
The Perfect Warrior (1995)
From the Heart of the Desert…
A madman grows in power, seeking to restore the glory that was Egypt. Nothing, not even M. Bison, will stand in his way once he learns the secrets of Majestic Crow Kung Fu. But master Xaudo, the style’s last living master, is an unwilling Sifu.
The Phoenix Rises
In a harrowing chase across Europe and North Africa, the Street Fighters race to protect Master Xaudo from the Phoenix’s clutches, learning that friends may become enemies, enemies may become friends and fear can be one’s greatest foe.
The Perfect Warrior includes:
- A new cast of supporting characters to enrich your chronicle;
- Majestic Crow Kung Fu, a rare and secret martial art;
- Storyteller hints, new combat rules and more!
From Assassins to Zen Masters
These are people that make up Street Fighting: Warriors and assistants, allies and opponents, naive rookies and wise masters. You never know who’s going to step in the ring with you – or what’l; be waiting for you when you leave.
In the Ring or on the Streets
Explore the many facets of the Street Fighter’s world, from how they fight to where they relax. Learn why conflict follows Street Fighters everywhere and how they deal with it. Street Fighting was never easy – now it just got more difficult, and more dangerous.
- Comlpete stats and background information for 50 characters to support or oppose your Street Fighter characters.
- New martial arts styles from across the world, new Special Maneuvers, and rules for duelists and weapons.
- New settings for Street Fighters to seek honor and glory – or just try to stay alive!
Adventures Unlimited #3 (1995)
Has a Street Fighter adventure called “Spirits of the Forest” by Andrew J Lucas.
Shadows over Mexico (unreleased 1995)
Slated to be the next sourcebook, but was never released.
White Wolf Combat (1997)
Combat is not part of the Street Fighter series of books but is sort of a spiritual successor. White Wolf was clearly using Combat to repackage and expand some of the ideas from Street Fighter after they stopped renewing the Street Fighter license with Capcom. As such, you can get some ideas from this book but they will need a little tweaking due to the similar but not exact rules used.